Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2017 20:46:03 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        markham breitbach <markham@ssimicro.com>
Cc:        Phil Eaton <philneaton95@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sudo alternatives; for the minimalists

Bezüglich markham breitbach's Nachricht vom 13.03.2017 18:37 (localtime):
> You can set a credential cache timer for sudo, so it will only ask for a
> password every-so-often,

That's another reason to un-blacklist "sudo" ;-)

> or you can permit members of a particular group
> access to sudo without and password required (particularly useful for
> limited tasks of daemons/cron-jobs).

Nah, that's more a reason to re-add to blacklist ;-)

Most important reason why I never considered using sudo is, it's not in
base.
I'm wondering, if it's such a versatile helper, and there are no
frequent security issues – by implementation nor by design – wouldn't it
have landed in base long time ago?

Still interested if anybody recommeends "doas" or any of the other
alternatives listed there for any good reason:
https://www.sudo.ws/other.html

thanks,

-harry