Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:21:46 -0000
From:      Blackman Mark <Mark.Blackman@netscalibur.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X1 if_dc support

Hi,

Got the 5.0-DP2 iso image installed on an X1, had to manually load the
if_dc support for the davicom 9102 NIC chips.

couple of points

*  the dc0,dc1 number was reverse w.r.t the markings on the X1 box
   (net0 --> dc1, net1---> dc0).
*  MAC address for both NICs was 00:00:00:00:00:00
*  after configuring dc0, a ping to the the default gateway crashed
   the kernel with a panic and reboot.

I presume there are a hell of a lot of X1 boxes to play with out
there and this can be trivially reproduced. However, if there is
sufficient interest to track this down, I can send more verbose
info.

My question boils down to has anyone else seen this problem? and
Why weren't the davicom NICs picked up and attached automatically?

I'm more interested in the first question.

- Mark

--
Email Disclaimer can be viewed at:
http://www.netscalibur.co.uk/email.html