Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 03:39:50 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        JOSHUA R HYMAN <jrhyman@wisc.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /biology/seaview

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:42:07AM -0600, JOSHUA R HYMAN wrote:
> Hi,=20
> =20
> I apologize if you have received multiple copies=20
> of this email but the mail seems a little=20
> cantankerous today.=20
> =20
> There are some bugs in ports/biology/seaview.  The=20
> md5 checksum is wrong for seaview.tar and patch-aa=20
> in the /files directory fails to apply cleanly.  I=20
> edited /work/makefile to make the changes that=20
> were outlined in patch-aa and then removed=20
> /files/patch-aa.  "make install" worked fine after=20
> that.=20

This is because the seaview authors have chosen not to include version
information in the tarball filename, and periodically update it with
new code.  Can you please use send-pr to submit a PR containing your
changes, as described in the porter's handbook?

Kris
--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--