Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:52:31 -0500
From:      Redmond Militante <r-militante@northwestern.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache/auth_ldap authentication to win2k active directory

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

hi all

i've been given the task of setting up ldap authentication against a window=
s 2000 active directory from a webpage served up by our apache box.

the documentation that exists for this is sparse.  so far, i've:=20
installed auth_ldap as an apache module
recompiled php4 for openldap support
recompiled apache for modssl support

i've been going through the examples listed on http://www.rudedog.org/auth_=
ldap/ (auth_ldap homepage) - but the examples listed on this page are mainl=
y for iPlanet, no examples are given for windows active directory authentic=
ation, just some notes on the subject...

ideally, i'd like to have a webpage/pages protected by .htaccess that authe=
nticates against my win2k pdc.  i've tried the following in my httpd.conf f=
ile

#<Directory "/usr/local/www/data-dist/ldap">
#Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
#AllowOverride None
#Order allow,deny
#Allow from all
#AuthLDAPEnabled on
#AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
#AuthName "Secure Access"
#AuthType Basic
#AuthLDAPBindDN CN=3Dusers,DC=3Dmy.domaincontroller.edu,DC=3Dedu
#AuthLDAPBindPassword MyP4sswurd=20
#AuthLDAPUrl ldap://my.domaincontroller.edu:389/DC=3Dmy.domaincontroller
=2Eedu,DC=3Dedu?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass*)
#require valid-user
#</Directory>

(these have been commented out, but it wasn't working when i tried it, i di=
dn't even get an login prompt)

i'm kind of unsure if my syntax above is ok, whether or not i've compiled i=
n the right modules/options, whether i should be putting the above directiv=
es directly into my httpd.conf file, or whether i should put these into an =
.htaccess file, etc.

anyone have any experience with auth_ldap/apache authentication to a win2k =
active directory? any pointers or recommendations would be welcome. =20

thanks
redmond

--=20
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10 #0: Fri Oct 3 21:30:51 CDT =
2003
 9:30AM  up  1:11, 4 users, load averages: 0.03, 0.01, 0.05
=20
Death is Nature's way of recycling human beings.
=20

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--