Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:52:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      mike <mike@Reifenberger.com>
To:        deischen@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Fixing -pthreads (Re: ports and -current)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
> To: David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
> Cc: Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>, Freebsd Current <current@freebsd.org>
> Subject: RE: Fixing -pthreads (Re: ports and -current)

>From a practical point of view:
In former times nobody complained when we had only one threading library:
libc_r. The only complaints came from its shortcomings...

So could we please define that:
- libpthread (aka libkse) is the primary threading library under FreeBSD.
- libpthread gets linked agains unsing -pthread
- The user can use whatever he wants instead of libpthread using
  /etc/libmap.conf
- If libpthread should prove to have shortcomings it gets fixed or replaced
  by better software

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Unit Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger@plaut.de | Priv: Michael@Reifenberger.com
      http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com