Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 00:39:43 -0600
From:      Jim King <jim.king@mail.sstar.com>
To:        curtis <ufkartfm@pacific.net>, "freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Multia - now booting from hard disk - flag problem

At 10:26 PM 12/3/98 +0000, curtis wrote:
>I finally have it booting from the hard disk (smile) and
>disklabel -B -b /usr/mdec/boot1 /dev/da0c   works for me.
>
>The new problem only occurs when I do:  >>>boot dka0 -flags a   or
>at the date.

[deleted]
>Local package initialization:.
>starting local daemons:.
>Fri Dec  4 05:38:08 GMT 1998
>[this is where it hangs]

My AlphaStation 200 does this also, but it's not actually hung.  The serial
console is unresponsive, but I can telnet to it from another box and
everything works fine.  I don't have a boot.conf - I was wondering if there
needs to be some command in there, or maybe something /etc/ttys.
Unfortunately I haven't had time to chase this down...

Jim