Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:51:08 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        Hexren <me@hexren.net>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UPDATING on AMD Processor

* Hexren <me@hexren.net> [20050425 21:48]: wrote:
> > PS: I asked this Q stupidly before... No wonder I did not
> > get any responses ;)
>

> >  When it comes to the Intel platform, I can always find my way around,
> >  but in this one case of AMD, I am purely clueless. I don't even know
> >  what keyword to search for in the handbook, FAQ, google.
>
> >  Attached you will find the dmesg output of an oldish box on which I
> >  just installed FreeBSD 5.x, and I would like to:
>
> >  make buildworld
> >  make kernel
> >  make installworld
>
> >  I want to use this box as a firewall on my network. Can someone
> >  please point me to the relevant documentation that will guide me
> >  in the above process.

> In General
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi
>
> More special
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html
>

> Incase you do not have any problems not mentioned in your email. Some
> people might feel it appropiate to tell you rtfm now...

I did mention I am clueless on this so I don't feel bad being told
anything.

When I cannot even install a port on this box, I wouldn't mind shit
being thrown at me ;-)

cd /some/port && make install - everything fails!!

-Wash

    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wash@wananchi.com>
Zzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ | Wananchi Online Ltd.   www.wananchi.com
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121
"The warning message we sent the Russians was a calculated ambiguity
that would be clearly understood."
		-- Alexander Haig