Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:20:39 -0500
From:      David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3 button mouse

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net> writes:
>
>>I need a three button mouse.  Just three buttons, no wheel, no bells,
>>no whistles.  I can't find one, as everything has a silly wheel.  I'm
>>not picky about interface (PS/2, USB, serial, or Bluetooth will work),
>>or balls v. optical.  Does anyone still sell these things?
>

> what do you have against mouse wheels?  they are very useful in X, and
> also function as a middle button.
>
> DES

Fundamentally, nothing.  However, every wheel mouse I've ever used for
more than half an hour has made my hand hurt.  The wheel is in the wrong
place, and is too hard to use as a button.  Since I believe I should
inflict pain on the hardware, and not the other way around, this is a
serious problem.

However, following up on pointer I received in private email, I've
ordered half a dozen three-button mice.  (Two each of three different
types.)  So I'm probably set for a bit.

David