Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:25:37 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   Re: 1920x1080 With xorg Intel Driver On HD 4600

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:10:01 -0600
Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get X to jump into 1920x1080 on an i5-based system
> with Intel HD 4600 video.  The intel driver seems to know nothing
> about this chipset and vesa doesn't want to go that high in res.
>
> Ideas? Workarounds?

I do not know about newer CPU versions as I have a second generation
i7. I also have had to give X an hint via xorg.conf. But this was more
than a year ago and should not be needed anymore.

If your is a fourth generation i5, it could be that it is not fully
supported yet. Just check the FreeBSD wiki regarding KMS, Intel etc.

Erich