Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:00:36 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        "Brian T.Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>, "HODGE, DAVE (SBCSI)" <dh5818@sbc.com>, "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: does FREEBSD work with either "Partition Magic" or "Boot Magic" b y Power Quest?

At 19:49 2002/03/18 -0500, Brian T.Schellenberger wrote:

>| > I'm trying to utilize one boot method for many various OS systems that I
>| > need to run for evaluation. What I'm trying to find out is do you know if
>| > the Power Quest product  "Partition Magic" or "Boot Magic" have been
>| > successfully used with FREEBSD OS? If yes, how were the products
>| > utilized?
>

>BootMagic could probably handle FreeBSD fine, though I find FreeBSD's own
>BootEasy to be better (because it remembers the *previous* boot target and
>uses that as the default--this is almost always what I want and I know of no
>other boot program that behaves this way).

Short answer:
BootMagic will work with FreeBSD--I remember doing it awhile back when I
used it.

Longer answer, and not really answering the original question:
These days, FWIW, I use Grub which I find quite easy to configure and
use--I usually use a Linux version of it, however, I've also at times,
configured FreeBSD's version (available in ports) without problem.

HTH
Scott Robbins