Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 19:52:08 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Chris Munchenberg <cjm@ava.com.au>, Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>, "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keep ports up to date.

On Wed, 14 May 2003 10:10:30 +0930, Chris Munchenberg <cjm@ava.com.au>
wrote:

> Thanks for your help. Its taken me a week to get back to you because
> there was so much updating being done. It took me a while to get the have
> of portdb & portupdate. But I now have wxPython working!!
>
> I just have 1 further question, and I'm asking you because its in your
> script. How important is marcusmerge? What part does it play in the ports
> system.

marcusmerge is only for people who want to test the developement version of
Gnome. It might be not stable or so, like before the first Gnome 2.3.1 was
crashed on -CURRENT for few days and finally got it fixed. More information
can be found at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/newsflash.html#2003April13:0
..

Cheers,
Mezz