Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:13:51 +0000
From:      FreeBSD <freebsd@vfemail.net>
To:        Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with IF_RE

Pietro Cerutti wrote:

> | No, I do not have it. Do you suppose I should? I have other devices and
> | nodes coming up alright -- including mapping for different loopback
> | devices as well.
>
> Well, the os doesn't receive link up notifications from the interface..
> I fear is not as simple as devd, but you can't give it a try, it won't
> hurt...
>

> | Thanks

Dear Pietro

Did that, and nothing happened. The OS is still not going anywhere --
i.e., not responding to ifconfig up or down instructions, and response
from ifconfig re0 remains the same. As suggested by Abdullah, I will try
to cvsup with RELENG_7 and rebuild the world/kernel. Let's see what happens.

Thanks to all.