Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:46:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: p2align

Thanks john, I found the same thing too. What basically happened was my
-current from a few months back was just too old to be updated via cvsup and
'make world'. So I just reloaded the machine with the new -current.
Things are fine now.

For those of you who have thought about fxtv: it's quite amazing. Esp.
since i'm currently not even running with DIRECT mode on, i.e. screen
updates are done in software. You can run programs that hammer the disk
and the video still runs at a seeming 30 fps. Absolutely amazing (this is
on a P2/300 though).

One thing for the fxtv guys to think about, or maybe you have done it: a
-lcapture, i.e. a library that could run the video capture with no X stuff
intermingled would be quite useful.

thanks
ron

Ron Minnich                |Java: an operating-system-independent,
rminnich@sarnoff.com       |architecture-independent programming language
(609)-734-3120             |for Windows/95 and Windows/NT on the Pentium
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html