Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 23:22:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc 2.8

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Mike Smith wrote:
[...]
>  - Why won't it compile the C++ code (ie. groff)?  is there a newer
>    groff that does build?
>  - Can you submit fixes to these build killers as PRs?
>  - Which parts of the biosboot code grow with egcs?  By how much?
>
> Thanks for your input; this sort of monitoring and evaluation is where
> the real answers come from.

groff built just fine for me (I just tested it), did need to install
osfcn.h tho, which would be a non issue if egcs was properly integrated
(as it's installed in /usr/include/g++, where egcs doesn't look).

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |