Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:33:58 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0 Install went smoothly!

> - During boot's "-c" config, leaving "visual" screen, I expected to go
>   back to the normal "-c" screen.  No problem, just unexpected.  Dunno.

I agree, it's unexpected.  Perhaps we should change that.  There are
several bits of interoperability bogosity between the two, actually,
and probably a result of the bad splice job I did.

> - Why does the default FreeBSD file system layout place /var in its own
>   filesystem?  Is this one of those subtle sysadmin issues I've zoned?

Read the F1 help screen! :)

> - Any chance of keeping a running total of the sizes while checking
>   off the "I want [this] and [this]" items?

That information isn't associated with the distributions anywhere.  I
was hoping that this might come out of the package/distribution
unification and more powerful package toolset.

> - I pondered some of the "Do you wnat <some> option enabled?" screens.
>   Was it going to do more than just set the right sysconfig option?  Hmm...

Basically, yeah.  These little "configlettes" need to be beaten on
some more and made more robust.  The samba one, for example, doesn't
edit the requisite things into /etc/inetd.conf, nor did it even add
the Samba package until I whapped that in as a last-minute bonus.  The
gated configuration is hollow, the web server needs some sample pages,
I could go on.  Yes, these all need fixing.

> Congratulations on a fine install!

Double sigh..  Maybe that was my "gratuliere" showing through.. :-)

					Jordan