Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:55:44 +0800
From:      Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun@gmail.com>
To:        George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pretty good RPi version?

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 2:30 AM, George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com> wrote:
> What's a pretty good recent Raspberry Pi svn checkout version?  254544
> doesn't seem to be it -- it crashes as soon as I try to make install in
> /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg.  Although I'm tempted to grab one of the
> prebuilt images at http://www.db.net/downloads/, I'll have to be doing
> some recompiling for debug purposes.  I see that latest couple of
> versions there are 252209 and 250580.  Are those pretty good?  (By
> "pretty good", I mean capable of running a light load in a fairly
> stable way over a period of days.)  Thanks for your help!   -- George

I got the same question. I was trying to update RPi this week, but
several attempts has failed. RPi would hang at high load like
"portsnap fetch extract" or "cd /usr/ports/graphics/graphviz && make
install clean". By "hang" I mean ssh session and console had no
response. But it still replies to ICMP and TCP connection handshake
requests. Looks like something got stuck in the kernel.

I am falling back to image built as of 19 July. So far it looks stable
enough. That's is before switching to AEABI, recent VM changes, and
llvm still having problem building some ports.

Regards,

Jia-Shiun.