Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2004 00:48:33 -0500
From:      Kaarthik Sivakumar <kaarthik@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thread error in 5.2-RC2

Hi

I am running 5.2-RC2 with a GENERIC kernel. I am having some problem with a
certain port that I compiled on my machine. When I try to run 'gnucash', it
crashes in 'guile' with the following error:

Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line 1100 in file /
usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = 0)

Line 1100 in uthread_kern.c is in function dequeue_signals(), when it is
trying to clear the pthread kernel pipe (from the comments near the point of
failure).

I am not sure where to start looking now. I am assuming this is related to the
various thread libraries in -current. (This is my first exposure to
-current). Any suggestions appreciated, in particular how to debug similar
problems and if there are any documents I can refer to for debugging on
-current. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks.

kaarthik