Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:01:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, eti@erata.net
Subject:   Re: flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers

Iulian M wrote:
 > The plugin works fine now, but i still have one more question
 > regarding flash player. Does the linux-flashplugin7 port
 > really require linux-base ? I don't relay like the idea of
 > installing linux-base and the linux kernel module,

If you use linux-flashlugin with www/linuxpluginwrapper,
then you don't need the linux emulation at all (neither
linux-base nor the kernel module).

However, if you use linux-flashplugin natively (with a
linux browser), then both are required.  In fact, I think
you also need x11/linux-xorg-libs (because the plugin is
linked against libs from that port), even though it is not
listed as a dependency.  Maybe that's a bug, or maybe I
haven't looked closely enough.  :-)

Best regards
   Oliver