Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2014 11:54:28 -0400
From:      ari edelkind <edelkind-list-freebsd-security@episec.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Joe Holden wrote:

> 24 hours for a fix that doesn't break ABI and is relatively simple (and
> proven to be fine by other distros) is horrendous for such a critical
> problem.  I mentioned this on twitter also, but there wasn't even a headsup
> from the SO until the patch went live.

To give this some additional perspective, it took me approximately 30
minutes to write a working exploit.

Everyone makes a big deal out of private keys (which, admittedly, are a big
deal), but i was able to collect usernames, passwords, session credentials,
back-end single-sign-on credentials (e.g. client tokens), database
passwords, and more from affected hosts -- all quite easily.

ari