Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 22:14:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Catherine Drury <druryc@sjhmc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relative Newbie but Glad to help in anyway I can

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Catherine Drury wrote:

> Will be glad to help, I am new to UNIX, but I have a broad background.
> Before my current job, Computer Security Coordinator, I worked for 5
> years at AT&T as a software developer in th MVS environment.  I have an
> MS in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology but I am
> a UNIX neophyte but always eager to learn. Tell me more about what I
> have to do.

Welcome aboard!

If you're interested in installing FreeBSD, take a look at

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.6-RELEASE/INSTALL.TXT

Also consult the questions@freebsd.org list, my usual domain, with any
questions or problems during installation, general sysadmin, or anything
in between.

50% of the available documentation is available via the Web at
http://www.freebsd.org.  The other half is in the system 'man' pages which
you may be familiar with; just type 'man <command>' for a summary.

If you want to plug in somewhere else, we can certainly use you!  Most
system topics have an associated mailing list; the Handbook (on the web
pages) has the list of interesting lists.

If there's anything else you need, feel free to send mail to
questions@freebsd.org or myself (please observe the reply-to if sending to
me, gdi doesn't currently exist on the net at the moment).

Enjoy!