Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 02:36:42 +0400
From:      "Stroganov A. V." <gtsy@mail.ru>
To:        Andrew <andrew.chace@gmail.com>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slow things

Greetings
Andrew, THANKS! Now my Gnome works faster. These symptoms are cured =).
Applications are faster too.
So...
i've searched google for "update your icon cache Gnome" and found this:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-update-icon-cache.html

so, then i did:
#find /usr -name "index.theme" -print > lst

then i wrote a little python script which executed gtk-update-icon-cache
in every folder that has index.theme:
#!/usr/local/bin/python
import os
f=open("lst","r");
for s in f.readlines():
    print s[:-13]
    os.system("gtk-update-icon-cache -f "+s[:-13])
f.close()

Of course, there is an easier way without python script, but i don't
feel very comfortable with regexps, sed and so on. I'm just FreeBSD home
user with a couple of little FreeBSD servers =).

Thank you for your help!

P.S.:I've sent a copy of this to maillist.