Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:01:47 +0000
From:      "Miller, Vincent (Rick)" <vmiller@verisign.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Getting packages/ into a release

Hi all,

I have built a release and generated a DVD ISO from it.  However, upon inst=
alling, I found that the packages/ directory was not included in the ISO as=
 indicated by an error message I received during the install from the DVD.

What is the most appropriate way to include the packages/ directory into th=
e DVD media?  The CD_PACKAGE_TREE environment variable seems appropriate ot=
her than the fact it appears to be applicable to CD-ROMs, as opposed to DVD=
s.

Is it appropriate to grab it from other media and simply copy it into the d=
irectory prior to generating the ISO?

=3D=3D
Vincent (Rick) Miller
Systems Engineer