Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:21:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dan Janowski <danj@netcom.com>
Subject:   Linksys Etherfast 10/100+56K

I bought this card not paying enough attention, thinking it
was just an Etherfast 10/100. Now I am paying for it...

So, I've been looking through the sys/pccard/pccard.c and the
cardd.c trying to more fully understand what is going on. I
have a few questions.

I am running PAO3 under 3.1. I should upgrade ...

 my objective is to have the LAN function work.

1. This is a multi-function card. I can get the modem to
	work with no problem, both via pccardd and pccardc enabler.
	The LAN is the second I/O block in each configuration
	tuple, so I can't/don't know how to specify a /etc/pccard.conf
	that will use the second.

2. After playing around with pccardd.c, and getting access to the
	second IO block, the card fails to pass the driver init.
	So, afer discovering pccardc enabler...

3. I have tried to use: pccardc enabler 0 ed0 -a 300 -i 5
	I assume that I need to tell the card something so it
	knows what to expect? If so, is there a way to do this?

	I am assuming that I can use the enabler to confirm that all
	the kernel level stuff is working. Then dealing with the pccardd
	stuff to get it to happen automatically. True or False?

	It does get through the pccard.c, up to 'err=drv->enable(devi)'.
	but the return is an error "Device not configured".
	What code gets called for the enable? I see templates in skel.c
	but what is really getting called. I assume that at some point it
	has to get passed to ed_attach, but I don't see the path.

4. Is there a simple way to confirm the signature for the ethernet chip?
	I am assuming that it is ed compatible. I did however see some
	referenced to it being tulip based. the FreeBSD tulip driver
	is PCI, no?

Any help or recommendations are welcomed. I may just go and buy
a regular EtherFast card, but I'd at least like to try to get this
to work. I not done any kernel level coding to date, and this may
or may not be a good way to start ;)

Thanks

Dan

--