Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:07:27 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        TAOKA Satoshi <taoka@infonets.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/13809: new port: sysutils/wmbattery

At 10:29 PM 10/20/99 +0900, you wrote:

>Hi,

>> I agree.. I inadvertently forgot to add that part..
>
>I changed the policy. We don't have to setgid because the users on
>note pc belong to the group operator. So I will modify wmapm.

Well, originally, this was my belief. I dislike sgid programs,
so I normally just add my users to the appropriate groups (for the
ones that need access). Especially for APM stuff..

Is this a good policy? If so, would you (taoka) please commit
sysutils/wmbattery without the sgid part? I'm still been waiting
for somebody to report a buffer overflow problem on it (kris or
somebody said there was probably one or something..).

I still think the port is fine as it is right now.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>