Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:01:42 +0000
From:      "Frank Shute" <frank@esperance-linux.co.uk>
To:        "eBoundHost: Artur" <artur@eboundhost.com>
Cc:        Frank Shute <frank@esperance-linux.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: who wrote this

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 08:12:36PM -0600, eBoundHost: Artur wrote:

> >PS. What should be abolished on the grounds of decency is top posting
> >& rehashing topics that have been gone on about ad nauseum, & on the
> >wrong mailing list.
>
> My apologies for top posting, will never happen again.  I've never posted
> to a list before.

That's OK but what isn't OK is to take somebody elses post &
selectively edit it when quoting from it, like you have done to my
post.

You also failed to address most of my points.

> >>Learn to
> >>moderate yourselves, this is what "freedom" is all based on, being good
> >>others.
> >
> >Nonsense. Freedom is about the right to voice disagreement with
> >others amongst other things.
>
> Do you even notice the irony in what you said?

Artur, it was meant to be ironic :) I haven't got the right to stop
top posting no more than you have.

And you haven't got the right to excise Hitler's name from FreeBSD
material. Don't you see the irony in that? When he banned certain
artists on the grounds of "decency" just like you're proposing to do.

Just because he was "evil" doesn't mean he and the rest of his
henchmen didn't have something interesting to say about the human
condition. If you don't believe me, read "Brave New World: Revisited"
by A.Huxley.

Follow-ups to chat&freebsd.org please.

Regards,

--