Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 07:05:54 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lpt poll mode

    Doug> How do you set the lpt ports into polled mode?  A flag in
    Doug> the kernel config?

Yes, leave out the `irq <N>' specifier in the kernel config file.  Or,
do it while running with /usr/sbin/lptcontrol.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

I remember one day I was at Grandpa's farm and I asked him about sex.  He sort
of smiled and said, "Maybe instead of telling you what sex is, why don't we go
out to the horse pasture and I'll show you."  So we did, and there on the
ground were my parents having sex.  -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey