Date:      Sun, 09 Sep 2001 15:37:43 +0100
From:      "Nathan Vingoe" <nathan_vingoe@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Passwd file corupt

Help

While adding a new user to my server, It crashed..

we have got it all coming back up again, but it seems the passwd file in the
/etc folder is now corrup.

we can therfore only log into single user mode.

how do we

1.  get it so we can write to the disk, as it seems to be in read only mode.

2. regenerate the passwd file or what do we need to re generste?  - we have
got the master.passwd and it seems intact, although, I have never been in
there before..

regards

Nathan