Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:24:04 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>
To:        questions@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   migration to 4.4+new HD

I need to migrate my 4.2 system to a 4.4 version because my old HD is
too small. I am making a backup of the / files that I need to take
account of.

Can I just copy all the password related files to the new /etc?

ie

/etc/group
/etc/pwd.db                       The insecure password database file.
/etc/spwd.db                      The secure password database file.
/etc/master.passwd                The current password file.
/etc/passwd

or is there a way to just propagate differences from base?
--
Robin Becker