Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:14:37 -0500
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Jeff Gleixner <glex@qwest.net>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: linux_base-6.1

Jeff Gleixner wrote:

> Trying to install linux-base-6.1 and I get an error while it's
> installing bash.  The rpm file doesn't seem to be corrupt.  I added
> mktemp to see if that helped at all.  Just looking for any ideas or
> things to try.  FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE

Don't use linux_base-6.1 on FreeBSD 3.x. The linux module hasn't got the
required support for running glibc2.1. Either stick with linux_base-5.2
or upgrade to FreeBSD4.x (other alternatives exist as well, but they
take you aware from everything that's supported and puts you on the
"figure-it-out-for-yourself" playground).

HTH,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org