Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 01:47:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        obrien@nuxi.com
Subject:   Re: NFSv3 seriously broken in 3.1

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, David O'Brien wrote:
>> With this setup, I experience serious NFS problems, unless I explicitely
>> set "opts:=nfsv2" in all AMD maps.
>> Has there been any change to fix this on -STABLE after 3.1?
> As I've said, the default is v3/UDP.  In previous postings that seemed to
> make everybody happy.  I'll review my mail archive and verify that.

Just to make sure, there has been no change between FreeBSD 3.1 and 3.2,
right?

We have some new FreeBSD 3.2 boxes and experience strange hangs when
sending mail from Pine ("Sending 0%" forever), which are exactly the
symptoms we had on FreeBSD 3.1 until I fixed "opts:=nfsv2" in all AMD
maps.

This is rather annoying and I feel a bit lost, for this never occurs on
FreeBSD 3.1 with exactly the same AMD map.

Have there been any changes concerning direct mounts via fstab? /var/mail
is mounted like that.

Respectively, I believe someone mentioned a way to "lock" an entire host
to NFS 2, so that specifying this in individual AMD maps is not needed
any more, but failed to find _where_ to configure that.

Gerald