Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2006 04:12:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Partial list of drivers that will die for the next ghostscript-gpl update

Hi;

As many of you know ghostscript-gpl 8.50 has been released so the time to open
that can of worms that is our ghostscript-gpl port has come. I started checking
out what drivers don't build easily with the new ghostscript and these are in
inminent danger unless someone updates/cleans them:

MD2K - additional driver for Alps MD-2000/2010/4000/1300/1500/5000 (last
updated in 2002)
ALPS - additional driver for Alps MD-5000
BJ10V - additional driver for Canon BJ-10V
DMPRT - additional driver for generic dot matrix printers
EPAG - additional driver for Epson ESC/Page printers
LX5000 - additional driver for Lexmark 5000/Z51/Z82
LEX7000 - additional driver for Lexmark 2050/3200/5700/7000 (probably --
haven't tested yet)

The Canon drivers have been updated but are now available as source RPMs,
almost all these drivers are old and unmaintained. I haven't finsished building
an updated ghostscript, but until now those seem dead.

I'll probably not update this port but I thought I'd let you guys know JIC
someone has in mind replacements or so that you start considering getting rid
of that old printer ;-).

cheers,

   Pedro.

http://mail.yahoo.it