Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:09:48 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Automatically running /usr/tests on stable/10 branch under Jenkins

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com> wrote:

> > (1)  does a buildworld/buildkernel on amd64 when someone checks new
> >       code into the stable/10 branch
>
> Is not this excessive?

It has not been a problem.  For example, when a build occurs on the HEAD in
svn,
if further commits come in on HEAD, we have Jenkins configured so that it
will not trigger another build on HEAD until the build in progress is done.
It has been working fine.

If no commits

> > (2)  Creates a bootable UFS image with makefs
>
> any chance zfs will be used as well?

Sure, we can look at that as well, but as I said earlier,
there need to be more bodies working on setting up builds and
configurations for this
to happen.

> would be nice to run some kind of stress testing. buildworld with a high
> -j is an example of a general purpose test. This could be done with
> different frequency than regular tests.

Are you volunteering to write the scripts that incorporate any stress
testing
that you think should be done?  We would welcome any contributions.

> Do you have crashdumps configured in case stuff goes wrong?

No.

You can look at our scripts used to build and boot the various VM's:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins#Repositories

It's all on github, so if you think you have new scripts to add, or fixes
to existing scripts,
you can feel free to do a github pull request to contribute.

--
Craig