Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 21:34:38 -0700
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing 2.2.1

Hello Ron;

Ron G. Minnich wrote:
> 1) linux install works well and consistently
> 2) freebsd install does not work well or consistently
> 3) the freebsd 2.05R install worked much better for me than any subsequent
>    fbsd install tool.
...[FBSD installations sucks, or something like that]
> If you don't like linux, then get a bsdi system and install that. It's
> also quite nice.

You are not the first, or the last to report this, but honestly it's not
so bad. I tried to install SCO without success and it was a real pain in
the...(yeah there :)).
The one thing I dislike about FreeBSD's installation is that it
"happily" reformats the disks even when the installation will fail
because of defective media; not working network card, or an unsupported
ATAPI. I would like to be able to use my system an additional day until
I find a way to install FreeBSD.
I don't think there is a generalized dislike for Linux, there are simply
more important issues.

	Pedro.