Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:27:28 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        bsd@bathnetworks.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD equivalent to DRBD

bsd@bathnetworks.com schrieb:

> It look like ggated + geom will do at least part of the job. Setting up
> the raid part looks fairly straight forward, the question is howto manage
> the swop aspect, ie machine a primary to machine b primary. I guess it is
> shutdown geom + gated and starting them on the the other machine. I don't
> see any way of doing this though. Perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> The exporting the drive via NFS and swopping under haertbeat looks ok to.
> It is just the gom + ggated aspect I am not sure about.

I think ggated and gmirror won't satisfy you because I'd like to call
ggated experimental. Furthermore it is not intended for those tasks,
because it is kept very simple. A better scenario for the current
implementation of ggated is to mount a remote CD filesystem locally.

If you really need DRBD then stay with DRDB and linux.

Björn