Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:58:42 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm@inbox.lv>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb and portupgrade causes errors

On Thursday 23 December 2004 09:42 pm, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 December 2004 08:50 pm, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> >> These days it is best to run make fetch index from /usr/ports
> >> after you've run cvsup rather than build INDEX-5 for yourself.
> >>
> >> -Mike
> >
> > correction:
> >
> > run make fetchindex not make fetch index from /usr/ports
>
> Out of curiosity, why isn't the index included in the update
> normally?
>
>  	Brian

Beats me, I once suggested making a port of the INDEX files so they
could be updated automatically, but the "powers that be" chose this
solution instead.  What is really annoying is everytime you run make
update the INDEX files get wacked and adding ports/INDEX* to the refuse
file no longer works :(

-Mike