Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 09:00:34 PDT
From:      ". ." <corinthian420@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need help with Root shell?

Please Help.
I dont know what I did, my BSD box has not been rebooted in a while so it
could have been anything in the past few weeks! The last thing I was doing
was adding users. But now I can not log in as root! I get an error
"login: /bin/bash [-login]: no such file or directory

I have no idea how that [-login] got in there but I suspect that has
something to do with it. .I tried to remove it from /etc/passwd but ofcourse
I have to be SU to do that and I can not SU for the same reason I can not
get root.

Obviously I am fairly new at this... but any help would be appreciated!
thanks in advance

corinthian420@hotmail.com