Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:23:22 +0200
From:      Michael Hallgren <hallgren@easynet.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Too many symbolic links, Symbolic link loop

Hello,

I'm fighting with a FreeBSD machine. Roughly what I'm up to: I clean
installed FreeBSD, with the DES option. The goal is to set up an Apache
on the machine. Then I performed a rdist from a BSDI machine, importing
stuff like password file, user directories, user quotas, shells. The
Apache works
just fine, but when I try to run Perl I get stuck with the error
message:
"Too many symbolic links" (under bash), "Symbolic link loop" (under sh).
I've
scanned through my symbolic links w/o finding something striking.
Basically, the
links I have are "shortcuts to shells", some links to user logs...
Anyone seen this kind of problem? Anyone solved it? How?

	Cheers

		Michael
--
Michael Hallgren, Easynet France