Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:36:57 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, imp@village.org
Subject:   Re: bioscall.s

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 07:44:56PM -0700, Richard Stanaford wrote:
> Recently.
>
> I did a successful upgrade from 4.0-RELEASE to STABLE on the DX4/100 just last
> week.  The changes to binutils had been committed for some time I believe.

After watching days of this from various people, I decided to upgrade my
STABLE box just to be sure the developers hadn't missed some strange
thing.  It was a mid March 4.0-STABLE system (just post-release).  I
sucessfully upgraded my system to 4.1-RC this afternoon via:

<cvsup cvs repository>
cd /usr/src
cvs update
make -j4 buildworld
<follow "To build a kernel" instructions for my config>
<reboot to single user mode>
fsck -p
mount -a
cd /usr/src
make installworld
mergemaster
reboot

Everything worked flawlessly (other then a stupid mistake merging
/etc/shells changes, but diagnosing and fixing that took a couple of
seconds).  Just wanted to give a positive report.

-- Brooks