Date:      03 Apr 2003 13:50:48 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        "Welch, Sean M." <WelchSM@nsc-msg01.network.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re:agp driver locks up on resume

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 12:31, Welch, Sean M. wrote:
> I'm familiar with this one -- it isn't agp, it is DRI.  DRI depends on AGP
> so you are disabling both when you disable
> AGP.   This issue has to do with the DRI module "losing track" of what is
> going on in the usage of main memory
> (through AGP) when you do a suspend resume -- it gets stuck trying to flush
> a buffer...

I was initally going to say this too.  However, I remember I tried to
suspend/resume my laptop in the console with DRM not loaded and still
had hangs.  I put some printf in the kernel to see if the AGP setup was
corrupted by the resume and it didn't look like it (having noticed that
linux does a whole re-setup of agp after resume).  I didn't ever try
without AGP at all I think, and didn't try reconfiguring.

Some work has been done on suspend/resume with the DRI.  I don't know
too much about it, but I think it let you suspend/resume while a 3d
client was running.  I don't remember if that stuff got merged or not
(thinking not).  I think suspend/resume is supposed to still work if
you're switched away to console.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org