Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:45:15 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles after upgrading to xorg-6.8.1

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Thanks for the well-functioning ports, first of all :-)
>
> I have two troubles, however.
>
> First, something, that was probably discussed on your list already. KDE can
> not come up unless /tmp/.ICE-unix is owned by root. Which, I suppose, is the
> case if one uses xdm/kdm/gdm, but not in the case of `startx'. My workaround
> is to create, chmod, and chown the directory from /etc/rc.local

Well known, fix is in the works (will require a base-system update).

I have a question for you however - does switching to text consoles work for
you? I have one radeon card (9200) with dual outputs running dualhead, and
switching vtys doesn't work anymore (the switch never completes and switching
back blindly hangs the machine).

--
    ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org