Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 01:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   dell inspiron 8500, vga console mode, bluetooth, etc.

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a Dell Inspiron 8500 - the new wide aspect
15.4" screen model.

I have three questions - two specific to this laptop, and one general
question:

1. Some previous dell laptops with ati rage cards have been unable to run
in VGA console mode - or the resolution choices have been severely
limited.  Will I run into any limitations with the " NVIDIAGeForceTM4 4200
Go with 64 MB DDR " that comes with this system ?

I would really like to be able to do vga console in all sorts of
modes/resolutions.

2. Any reports/comments/knowledge on the TrueMobile miniPCI 802.11b/g card
?

3. (general question) - from time to time I run across a terminal or
computer where the key response is fast instead of slow.  What I mean is,
in FreeBSD (or any other OS for that matter) if you put the cursor at the
front of a line and just hold down right-arrow, the cursor will move
character by character over to the right.  but, most of the time it does
so slowly - maybe 1/3 second per movement ... but once in a while i get to
a system or terminal that does it much much faster - movig up and down,
left and right with the arrows ... and key repeat ... it is much much
faster.

So the question is, what determines this key response speed, and how can i
set any laptop I am using to the faster speed ?

thanks!