Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:33:09 +0900
From:      TAOKA Satoshi <taoka@infonets.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
To:        andrews@technologist.com
Cc:        qa3507@email.mot.com, ports@FreeBSD.org, morishim@cig.mot.com
Subject:   Re: net/xisp -> comms/xisp  + new import of comms/yawmppp

> On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 11:46:53PM -0500, Takeshi Morishima wrote:
> > It's upto the xisp's original pr committer. I have no problem with
> > moving it from comms to net. (In my opinion, it should be under comms
> > anyway. I believe netbsd also has it under comms.) It was originally
> > in that category when pr was submitted, and got moved when committed.
>
> Ok, then perhaps TAOKA-san can explain, please, why it was imported in
> net instead of comms?

net/xisp/pkg/DESCR has the following sentence:

The xisp package implements a user-friendly X interface to pppd/chat
and provides maximum feedback from the dial-in and login phases on a
browser screen, as well as a manual login terminal window.

Note that it includes "pppd". And ports for ppp (e.g. ppxp, ppp-nt and
so on) are in net category instead of comms.

So I prefered net category rather than comms.

Is that incorrect decision ? Do ports for ppp (e.g. ppxp, ppp-nt and
so on) have to move into comms category, if so?

S.TAOKA