Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:58:21 -0400
From:      "William Gnadt" <wgnadt@rri-usa.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   status of *BSD Cardbus support

Hi:

I've been planning to setup FreeBSD on my Dell Inspiron 4000 for some time
now.

However, I noticed that there is NO cardbus support at present in FreeBSD:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/laptop/article.html

I have a "Xircom Cardbus Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56" that would be great to
use
with this laptop. (At least the network card -- I don't know if the modem is
a winmodem.)

Is there any type of support for this card? Or, should I pick up a 16-bit
card
to replace it? Anyone have pointers regarding cardbus support on the other
*BSDs? (Again, documentation available via the web is sparse.)

Thanks, once again, for any help or pointers.

--Bill