Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:50:27 GMT
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/82030: Choosing an alternate default MTA

The following reply was made to PR i386/82030; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To: Matteo Riondato <rionda@gufi.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:50:07 +0200

 --DrWhICOqskFTAXiy

 On 2005.06.14 08:35:46 +0200, Matteo Riondato wrote:
 > On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:54:07PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
 > > On 2005.06.13 21:30:26 +0000, Matteo Riondato wrote:
 > >=20
 > > >  This is a serious bug and should be solved altough we're now in a co=
 de
 > > >  freeze, that's why I'm CC'ing re@. A patch for this bug follows
 >=20
 > > This does not fix the problem since it will now pick up the wrong
 > > postfix version when you install from a complete FTP mirror (see the
 > > CVS log for the commit that added the -2.1 part as to why).
 >=20
 > You're right, I forgot about network installs, sorry.
 >=20
 > > I made the simple attached patch some time ago, I just forgot about it
 > > again since I needed to test that it actually did work as expected
 > > before committing... :-/ - I will try to get around to it soon, unless
 > > somebody else beats me to it.
 >=20
 > I think your patch will be ok, but the problem will present again
 > once we have postfix-2.3 . I'm looking for a more permanent solution
 > but it's not so easy as it would involve some cut'n'paste that I don't
 > absolutely like.

 Indeed it would be very nice to fix it "correctly", but as I noted in
 the commit that added the -2.1 part (or was it in the related PR, I
 can't remember) it's non-trivial due to the way the sysinstall package
 handling works.

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen

 --DrWhICOqskFTAXiy