Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:48:48 +0000
From:      James Raftery <james@now.ie>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/vnc port - Alpha compile testing

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:37:24AM -0700, Greg Lewis wrote:
> >  http://romana.now.ie/software/patch-Xvnc::config::cf::FreeBSD.cf
>
> The build thinks its completed successfully, but I really don't think
> it has. [snip]
> Which to me looks like its not correctly figuring out that it failed.

This is one particularly infuriating aspect of debugging these problems ;)

> I believe the dbm functions are in libc.

Yep. I thought I fixed this yesterday. Does the
patch-Xvnc::config::cf::FreeBSD.cf you have include

  +#define DBMLibrary             /* ndbm is in libc */

If it does, then I've missed something else :)

I've updated the FreeBSD.cf patch (URL above. The Imake.cf patch is
unchanged) to address the -O2 warning on Alpha 4.x and bad paths to cpp.
If you have the time, could you try again please?

> I'll send you the full output separately.

Got it - thanks!

ATB,
james
--
Times flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like bananas.