Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:04:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      jan.grant@bristol.ac.uk
To:        =?KOI8-R?B?98HMxc7Uyc4g8M/Qz9c=?= <valentin.po@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: to many opened files

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, ???????? ????? wrote:

> I running reindex programm it's reindex about 60 000 000 emails with
> attachments and else....

> Anybody get this issue? anybody use JAVA on production servers?

If you're seeing different behaviours on different platforms from
ostensibly the same Java version, this maywell be due to (1) differing GC
settings, and (2) the program leaking file descriptors. It's an error to
rely on garbage collection to manage any resource except memory, but it
does occasionally happen. There are a few tools available that let you
examine objects on the heap; perhaps your reindexer is failing to properly
dispose of file objects.

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/