Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 96 22:41:32 EST
From:      jeff@stat.uconn.edu (Jeffrey M. Metcalf)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hylafax hangup problem

Hello,

In reference to an earlier e-mail I sent and is also included here, I have
discovered an answer to my problem and was hoping someone could direct me
to a more convenient solution.

I was able to free the modem by sending a reinitialization string, i.e.

cat - > /dev/cuaa0
ATZ
eof

This did the trick in freeing my modem.  What I would like to know is how
I can configure hylafax to do this cleanly whenever I send a faxquit command
to kill the faxserver.  I have a fax class 1 / hayes data / rockwell voice
modem.  Hopefully somebody has solved this problem.  I have no doubt that the
problem is actually my fault in an improper hylafax configuration on my
modem.  But I would appreciate the help.

Thank you,

J. Metcalf