Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:53:24 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merge of KAME code

>Functioning IPsec with IKE is going to become a necessity in the very near
>future, and if we
>desire to maintain our momentum it's necessary to support both in the
>active release train.

For the common situ of one-to-many tunneling, I hope that the "one"
(server) gets some hardware-assist for IPsec encryption to keep up with the
many tunnels.  That couple with the many's running FBSD + IPsec would be a
winner with industrial capacity.

Has anybody benchmarked or simulated how many tunnels and bits/sec one
software-only FreeBSD IPsec server can support?

Len

Len
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8 installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways