Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 1996 02:38:42 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan@pong.ppp.de>
To:        "Frank E. Terhaar-Yonkers" <fty@mcnc.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Any isa drivers for localtalk avail?

At 8:54 Uhr -0400 27.09.1996, Frank E. Terhaar-Yonkers wrote:
>Any drivers (FreeBSD/Linux/NetBSD) for hardware appletalk?  I have
>a couple of surplus Dayna DL2000 isa cards.  I'd like to build a router
>for my son's elementary school until they can find the $ to buy a bunch
>of Mac ethernet cards.

There used to be a linux driver for the old Apple LocalTalk PC card; I've
tried to figure from that how the card works, but didn't. I believe the
Apple card is totally braindamaged, so drop them in the bin (I had three of
them :-(

COPS seems to be the only vendor of any LocalTalk board (ISA/EISA/MCA/PCI),
and they bought the designs from Dayna, so they're the ones to talk to.

COPS has some sample code availible at http://www.copstalk.com/ltdev/ltdev.html
They also maintain a mailing list, and at least one employee posted in
comp.protocols.appletalk a few days ago.

After having the driver, one would have to adapt the kernel AppleTalk to
work with non-ethernet-ifs (maybe this has been done already, im not
current).

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--