Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:26:07 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: common filesystem for Linux and FreeBSD

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 11:06:30AM +0100, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Chad Perrin wrote:

> >> Since you didn't state anything about reliability, ext2 will maybe help
> >> you :)
> >
> > I thought "stable" covered that.
>
> ext2fs is "stable" in the sense that there are no known bugs, and it's
> 100% compatible with Linux. It "just works".
>
> Unless you get frequent power outages or similar "hard" errors, the lack
> of journaling shouldn't bother you much.

Ah, I understand your meaning now.  I thought you meant reliable
operation, and you just meant to refer to the fault-tolerance of the
filesystem itself.  Much clearer now.  Thanks.

Leon Festinger: "A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him
you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts and figures and he questions
your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."